Assistant Management Accountant
Leading retailer looking for an immediately available / short notice Assistant Management Accountant.
My client is a leading retailer based in The City of Lonon location wise. They are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant.
Key Tasks of Assistant Management Accountant
- Assisting the FP&A Analyst in the production of periodic management accounts for Retail arm of the business
- Management reports at month and year end
- Reconcile bank accounts on a daily basis and investigate any differences with the stores/ecommerce teams
- Analysis and explanation of variances to forecast across cost areas including head office central costs and payroll
- Finance support and reconciliation of B2B and Returned Stock clearance processes
- Preparation of period end accruals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting the business functions (retail, marketing etc) in the preparation of Budgets and Forecasts for expenditure
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT return
Technical Skills & Experience for Assistant Management Accountant:
PQ ACCA or CIMA (preferable but not essential) accountant with at least 18 months financial experience in a similar role
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate work when under pressure and to tight deadlines
Good communication skills, especially the ability to present financial information to a non-finance audience
Good interpersonal skills, especially the ability to build trusting relationships with non-finance stakeholders
Advanced Excel skills
Understanding and experience of ERP systems: SAP, Oracle or something similar.
The role is working for a well known brand in The City and location wise. The Assistant Management Accountant role has an immediate start and could go permanent for the right candidate.
Hourly rate wise it is £15-19 per hour and location is City of London.