We Are Hiring
Senior Accountant – Healthcare Accounting – Full–Time,Day – Lansdowne Station – Halethorpe, MD
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith–based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non–profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to perform planning, coordination and administration of complex and significant accounting activities.
- Prepares and maintains complex and significant journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Produces financial statements, budget–to–actual reports, and prepares narrative explaining the financial statements.
- Prepares, analyzes maintains, and explains trend information.
- Prepares complex and significant audit and/or tax work papers.
- Assists with paperwork associated with the annual audit.
- Analyzes and prepares accurate and timely project budgets for both operating and capital budgets, assisting in the appropriate calculation and recording of capitalized interest.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Accountant. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: " Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E–Verify link below for more information.
E –Verify (link to E–verify site)