Are you an ambitious school leaver or university graduate that's looking to kick start your career as an accountant!?
We are working with an expanding, modern and forward thinking firm of accountants based in Hertfordshire that is now looking for the next addition to their team.
This a perfect opportunity for someone with a good grounding of accounting knowledge via studies and ideally some previous practical experience in a similar role to join a successful growing practice that can offer full study support for further accounting qualifications such as AAT / ACCA!
The firm provide a mix of accounting services to a range of entrepreneurs, small and medium sized enterprises, partnerships and limited companies in the local area. Here you will be able to gain and build upon your skills as an accountant by undertaking a varied mix of the following tasks to name a few;
Key responsibilities include;
- Preparing Sole Trader, Partnership and Limited Company accounts
- Preparation and filing of VAT Returns
- Processing payroll for various clients (including CIS) and deal with Auto–Enrolment
- Regularly liaise with clients to collate information and answer queries
- Undertake bookkeeping and assist with other ad hoc duties as required
- Candidates should have studied to a minimum of A Level, ideally achieving at least B grades within relevant accounting based studies.
- Experience of working in an Accountancy Practice environment is highly desirable
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of modern accounting packages such as Quickbooks, VT, Taxcalc and Brightpay would be advantageous
- Driven and focused with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Looking to enhance your knowledge and progress with accounting studies
If you have any questions or would like any further information on this role, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
Roland White is an Accounting and Finance specialist consultancy that focuses on delivering high quality recruitment support to all of our candidates and clients. We partner professionals and deliver a personalised service to help you secure the next move that is right for you!
Roland White is a recruitment agency and is advertising this on behalf of one of its clients. For more information on this opportunity or our other roles and how we can help you, please contact us via .