6 days left
- Part time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global financial services firm in Central London. The role has come about due to growth and will sit within their PE or Real Estate team. The role offers the right candidate clear progression prospects, excellent levels of training and responsibilities for day one. The candidate should be confident, able to deal with deadlines, have the ability to multi-task as well as supervise junior members of the team.
A well-known, global Financial Services firm specialising in fund administration within Real Estate & Private Equity.
Duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant:
- Ensuring that all permanent files are adequately maintained for existing customers and new customers for the real estate customers.
- Preparing bank reconciliations for all client accounts.
- Updating the financial system for all transaction related activity including the recording of cash transactions, purchase and sales invoices, accruals and prepayments and investment transactions.
- Preparation and amendment of management accounts produced by the team.
- Administration work including the preparation of call notices and dealing with new applications for subscription into client funds.
Technical Knowledge / Skills required of the Assistant Accountant:
- Strong educational background; minmum 2:1 Degree qualification or good academic record followed by being AAT qualified.
- Knowledge or previous experience of double-entry bookkeeping would be advantageous.
- Studying or looking to begin professional accountancy studies (ACCA/CIMA)
- Interest or previous experience in reporting and other accounting challenges faced by private equity and real estate firms (our clients).
- Ability to draft reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations for which there may be little precedence.
- The individual must have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Numeracy and good written skills.
- Prior experience of accounting packages would be advantageous.
On offer to the Assistant Accountant:
Base salary of up to £28,000 depending on experience with a comprehensive benefits package which includes full study support from day one.