International company urgently require experienced Assistant Accountant for a newly created role at the companies Head Office in Chertsey.
About The Role
Reporting to the Finance Manager the Assistant Accountant will assist with the month end process and ensure that month–end routines are completed within agreed timescales. Key duties include:
- Month–end close for 3 company divisions
- Preparation & posting of nominal ledger journals including accruals & prepayments
- Completion of month–end balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany recharges & reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Approval of supplier payments
- SOX Compliance
- Applicants for the Assistant Accountant will have a minimum of 2 years month–end experience and a good aptitude for systems
- You will be AAT/ACCA/CIMA part qualified
- Applicants will work well in a team environment and have strong communication skills
About Our Client
An expanding business services organisation with excellent opportunities for long term progression
Things You Should Know
- 25 days holiday
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of GBP150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of GBP25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)