Finance and Accounting Specialist
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Qualified
Level: 9 Specialist
The UKI Finance & Accounting specialist supervises the financial accounts of the UKI business and manages the monthly close process, reporting directly to the team manager and the financial controller.
- Responsible for leading part-qualified accountant(s) and for the technical lead role in the finance and accounting team supporting the UKI business.
- Manage the preparation of month-end accounts and reporting including monthly close, analytical review of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet accounts, review of Balance Sheet reconciliations and ad-hoc reporting.
- Analyse and report on revenue, interco, payroll and DNP for the various co codes and develop an in-depth understanding of the UKI Accenture business.
- Prepare and review various types of journal entries on a monthly basis to ensure US GAAP compliance and work with other local finance teams to understand business events.
- Prepare monthly reporting for the UKI Financial Controllers on a regular basis.
- Review monthly internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Pursue continuous improvement of accounting processes with a view to making them more efficient.
- Maximise team performance through target management and motivation.
- Ability to multi task and provide cross team support as required
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Customer focused
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standard
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- Pursuing Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Supervisory experience an advantage
- Exposure to US GAAP and previous experience with SAP an advantage
- Proficient in Excel
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.