Partner Designate - Charity and Academies
Michael Page are working exclusively with a fantastic firm of Chartered Accountants who are looking for a Manager or Partner Designate to join them as a succession plan for their market leading Audit and Accounts team.
My client are a well known and highly reputable form of multi- sited chartered accountants. They have an excellent reputation for their quality of training and work; they pride themselves to be one of the most successful accountancy practices in Kent and have a large Charity and Academy fee following.
Reporting directly in to the Partner with excellent progression prospects on offer for Partnership, you will be responsible for the following duties, either solely focused on charities, academies and not for profit clients or the role can be adjusted to include a portion of corporate clients also.
- Prepare the PROaudit pack, including review of the planning memorandum, working paper file, financial statements and audit conclusions, which will include technical report writing
- Ensure partners review and sign off planning papers, to ensure fieldwork of the audit can start within a timely manner
- Manage the audit process, including budgets and timescales, as well as completing required forms, providing commentary on accounts, summarising outstanding points to managers, analytical review, passing file to senior team members for review, and finalise all review points
- Plan assignments in accordance with ISAs using the software provided
- Ensure each client's' company accounts are filed within the statutory time lines
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of UK GAAP and/or IFRS
- Prepare own work schedules and plan / develop daily work plan from job objectives
- Identify and resolve potential obstacles in achieving objectives
- Take responsibility for technical matters and resolve any problems which may arise
- Show evidence of up to date awareness and understanding of company law, taxation and financial reporting issues
- Assist the audit partner in setting and communicating the audit strategy to the audit team
- Review and approve budgets and monitor performance against budgets in conjunction with engagement partner
- Responsible for day to day staff planning, ensuring the right level of technically qualified staff are booked on to each audit assignment for the appropriate amount of time
Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA)
Ideally worked within a top 20, large independent practice
Charities, academies experience preferable.
Team worker / people management skills
Good communication and presentation skills
Strong organisational and time management skills