Part Qualified Accountant
- Accounts preparation for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and charities.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Supporting clients in accounting and taxation issues.
- Assisting with audit assignments.
- Preparation of management accounts.
- Bookkeeping for clients and preparation of related VAT returns.
- Working as part of a team to carry out other client and in house projects
Key success factors
- Ability to learn and apply technical skills.
- Co-operative team player.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with clients.
- Interest in business and commercial affairs.
- Deal with one or more client assignments simultaneously and bring them to completion for review by a senior accountant or director.
- Effectively document work.
- Identify project issues as well as project progress in a timely and organised manner.
- Build working relationships at peer client level and gain knowledge of your clients’ businesses.
- Demonstrate an active interest in the business world by keeping abreast of market trends and business developments.
- Develop technical skills both on the job and through formal learning channels.
- Build strong team relationship skills.
Key performance indicators
- Meeting assignment/project objectives (timeframes, budgets, outcomes).
- Client feedback.
- Quality of work output.
- Integration into the team.
Qualification/skills and experience and personal attributes.
- Part Qualified ACCA with a minimum of 2 years experience in an accountancy practice.
- Experience in a client facing role.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach.
- Strong communication skills.
- Audit experience preferred but not essential.
- IRIS/Sage/Xero experience preferred.
Study support for ACCA qualification, including exam kits, revision classes and study leave.