Indirect Tax Analyst (Arabic/ Spanish/ Portuguese)
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The BHGE Global Finance Centre (KL GFC) based in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, is actively seeking to add a number of Indirect Tax Analysts to our existing 60+ professional Indirect Tax Team to manage the Indirect Tax compliance and controls for a number of countries across the world.
We are looking for experienced Indirect Tax Analysts from both Malaysia and across the world, to support all the language requirements and various tax jurisdictions for the Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific Regions.
If you are ready to take on a bigger challenge and join a professional team of Indirect Tax Analysts to manage the calculation, filing, payment and reconciliation of international Indirect Taxes and have the following attributes, please contact BHGE immediately.
- Reporting to the Regional Indirect Tax Leads, to work with the other Indirect Analysts within the regional groups for the Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa and or Latin America regions to review and control all the Indirect Tax calculations from our various ERPs and to complete the periodic filing and payment of all Indirect Taxes (VAT, GST, Stamp Tax, With Holding Taxes, IVA, ICA, ICMS, INSS, PIS, COFINS etc.) for the country and legal entities assigned to you.
- Prepare and file all annual tax filings as required
- Liaise with external advisor to ensure all any changes in taxes are recognized and ERPs and tax filing is updated
- Document and communicate abnormal tax expenses to Operations and Management
- Reconcile all balance sheet tax accounts monthly
- Resolves or escalate any queries or issues received.
- Support all Tax and statutory audits
- Any other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- 2 -5 Years Indirect Tax Experience in any country and for any tax jurisdiction
- Possess strong analytical skills with proactive mind-set, with the ability to bring expert advice and problem solving skills to the team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with good spoken and written English.
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a diverse cultural team
- Other languages experience is added advantage
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION / REQUIREMENT
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CA or equivalent professional qualification is an advantage.
- A proven ability to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams and to build and maintain network within and outside Indirect Tax.
- Possess positive thinking and attitude, professionalism, takes ownership of and accountability of the work product.
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
- Team player and customer-centric attitude.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software, knowledge in SAP or Oracle will be added advantage.
- We are actively seeking French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Malay, Mandarin, Thai and other additional language speakers.
KLCC Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.