Working above a team of 4, you will have responsibility for ensuring that management accounting and all other month end duties are being done correctly.
This Finance Manager post is a crucial position within a larger company.
The business is based around Witney and has access via public transport as well as having parking on site.
They are one of the best employers in the area and have a great reputation of training and staff development, as well as creating a strong working environment.
They operate across a range of different sites and have a supportive team with excellent in house training. The work will be technically complex adn rewarding, perfect to keep any aspiring part qualified accountant excited.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Manager will be to:
- Management of a team of 4
- Assist the Operations Accounting Manager to coordinate, train, and participate in the annual physical inventory process at Manufacturing facilities
- Maintain integrity of Inventory on the general ledger, reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by direct reports for completeness and accuracy
- Coordinate and book quarterly Inventory General Ledger to Sub-ledger (Perpetual) true up
- Work with various departments to ensure tasks are completed as required (Business Unit Finance, Supply Chain, Global Procurement, HQ Merchandise Control).
- Coordinate the review of quarterly material standard cost updated for all raw materials, GOM, and purchased Finished Goods.
- Manage the activities of operations accounting staff, which include the monthly financial analysis of operational variances: absorption, usage, purchase price variance, and revaluation.
- Maintain oversight of cycle counts programs across site
- Review monthly shrinkage for reasonableness, prepare monthly summary of shrink results to help identify and correct root cause issues
- Assist with monthly forecast and annual budgets
- Perform ad-hoc costing analysis to contribute to maximizing profit for PCG
- Improve processes and waste elimination,
- Understand and comply with month end close timetable.
The ideal Finance Manager will have a background within the manufacturing industry and will have working in a similar position, accounting for the manufacturing process.
Man management is a key aspect of this role so an ability to work within a team is essential.
The Witney based Finance Manager will come with:
- Exciting and varied position
- Study Support
- Generous holiday and pension
- Career planning and development
- Training and mentoring.