Senior Consultant, Fund Accounting (Limerick)
SENIOR CONSULTANT, FUND ACCOUNTING ROLE
Responsible for accurately reviewing and sign off on NAV calculations. To be the subject matter expert on the team for all fund specific requirements. To be able to take the lead in rolling out new system enhancements/procedures and collate and provide feedback from Fund Accounting to the different interest groups e.g. Training/BPA’s.
- Minimise errors in all deliverables at all stages
- Ensuring all reconciliations positions are reconciled and monitored.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the industry and NT, in particular NT’s systems, infrastructure and process data flows. Keeps abreast of emerging industry trends.
- Demonstrate learning and experience.
- To be the technical and subject matter expert on the team and handle all specific fund requirements.
- Attend monthly technical meetings.
- Provide assistance to employees in execution of daily operational activities.
- Focus on the resolution of complex transactions, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes.
- Identify and respond to operational risk throughout the business unit. Create and sign off new procedures and Detailed Process Analysis Documentation (DPAD's) to combat operational risk.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Maintain an understanding of the industry and NT, in particular NT’s systems, infrastructure and process/data flows.
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Evidence of successful negotiation skills
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting Applications
- Experience with vendors preferred (Bloomberg, Reuters etc).
- Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface to other systems and an appreciation of how to implement such interfaces.
- Responsible for co-coordinating systems testing in the team.
- Analytically and procedurally competent to represent the team on cross-function process or project deliverables
- Responsible for the rollout of new procedures within the team in consultation with BPA/Team leaders/NAV Managers.
- Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
- Instill a client service culture among staff and ensure that all clients receive a quality service.
- Ensure accuracy and timings are consistently achieved within the team and when not achieved actively pursue a solution. Proactive in maintaining Service Level Agreements and recognises when the SLA needs to be amended. Ensure the team adheres to SLA and fund prospectus.
- Collaborate and consult with project/assignment stakeholders with ease. Prepare and recommend solutions to project/assignment issues and risk factors. Provide regular updates to the stakeholders on project status
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans, and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Be an effective communicator, motivator, coach and mentor.
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Leads by example and actively mentors and coaches individuals on the team. Provides guidance, knowledge and feedback to mentees. Mentors individuals and peers during a project/assignment.
- Identify tasks to be completed by project team and ensure that they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure best use of resources and systems. Identify individual responsibilities as well as overall project team responsibilities and ensure that these are being met.
- Identify and delegate projects/assignments and project tasks to individuals and peers. Maintain accountability for the projects/assignments. Provide feedback and recognition to the individuals and the project team as to how they are progressing.
- Have the ability to develop further as the business grows.
- Genuine committed interest in own career development
- Relevant Professional Qualifications
- PC skills training.
- Disciplined, authoritative, determined.
- Enthusiastic, good communicator, coach, mentor.
- Confident, well-balanced and resilient.
- Must be approachable and gain respect.
- Results-oriented, ambitious, highly driven.
- Enthusiasm to improve company performance and systems.
- Staff motivator and trainer.
- Ability to think and act creatively
- Identifies solutions as well as issues
- Takes initiative to improve areas outside of immediate responsibilities
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.