SCCS Survey Equipment ltd has a fantastic opportunity for a Credit Controller to join the team in Eaton Socon. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and receive a competitive salary in the region of GBP26,000 per annum dependent on experience.
SCCS are the leading provider of technologically advanced surveying hardware and software equipment together with solutions for positioning and measuring in the UK.
SCCS, part of Hexagon, takes pride in the extensive range of high–quality products and level of service offered. Known for providing the most comprehensive range of technologically advanced hardware and software equipment, together with solutions for positioning and measuring.
As our Credit Controller you will be responsible for managing customer accounts. You'll have direct communication with customers chasing payment, resolving payment issues.
Key Responsibilities as our Credit Controller will include:
– Methodically work through your allocated ledger in a consistent manner
– Establish and maintain effective business relationships with customers
– Send out proof of delivery, copy invoices and statements when necessary
– Escalate, track and report progress of queries raised with other departments and within finance
– Report to the Credit Manager at the earliest opportunity any accounts that are problematical and at risk of bad debts
– Be adaptable in your collection style throughout your ledgers to establish an understanding of different clients
– Understand the client's payment process and procedures and ensure calls are made in a timely manner
– Maintain and ensure accuracy of sales ledger records at all times, updating master records regularly
– Issue chasing letters for overdue accounts and in–line with company policy
– Instigate legal action (after obtaining internal approval) if required, in conjunction with professional resource.
– Process on–line card payments
– Part of the external calls phone rota
– Answering and dealing with accounts calls
– Cover for other credit controller as and when required
Characteristicsand experience required to become our Credit Controller:
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
– Attention to detail.
– Strong Communication Skills and Interpersonal skills
– Self motivator, able to operator remotely and upon own initiative
– Ability to work as part of a team.
– Positive and enthusiastic with an exceptional work ethic to deliver results
– Minimum of 2 years' experience in a credit control function
– Educated to GCSE A–C or equivalent
– Sage accounts experience preferable
To join us as our Credit Controller please click 'apply' today – we'd love to hear from you!