Mill Farm Sports Village currently have an excellent opportunity for a Finance Manager
to head up the finance team at Mill Farm Sports Village, a multi–million pound sports and leisure complex based in Wesham (Kirkham) just off the M55.
The Finance Manager role would report directly into the Group Finance Director and would have end to end responsibility for the finance function there.
The complex is fairly new, and so there is real opportunity to make a difference by implementing stringent financial controls, improving reporting and business partnering the commercial and operational teams.
The Finance Manager would be a key player in the business and work closely with the senior management team.
- Responsible for producing monthly management accounts for Mill Farm Sports Village and AFC Fylde including commentaries on key variances to budget in line with the month end timetable.
- Ensuring the ledgers are closed in a timely manner to allow processing to continue in the correct accounting period.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts and ensuring all variances are understood and accounted for correctly
- Raising questions/queries on any significant variances to budget, ensuring they have sufficiently explained and challenged.
- Reconciling all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and raising any concerns to the Group Financial Controller/Group Finance Director.
- Providing support to the Finance Team to ensure the month end timetable is achieved and ongoing training is provided.
- Liaising with external parties as and when required, including but not limited to; banks, HMRC and legal representatives.
- Assisting the year end auditors and all other external Finance consultants.
- Ensuring the monthly reporting packs are distributed on time and handle any queries from senior management
- Accountancy Qualification (ACMA/ACCA)
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
- University Degree of 2:1 or above
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent IT skills especially in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills