Financial Accountant - Group Finance
- Full time
Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
Financial Accountant – Group Finance
Reports to: Group Reporting Manager
The primary purpose of this role is to support the delivery of both internal and external reporting deliverables. This is an important role in the Group Finance function and works closely with other Group Financial Accountants, Divisional Finance Managers, Group Treasury and Group Tax.
The main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively participate in the monthly close process, working closely with divisional and country finance and other group functions
- Contribute significantly to the preparation of internal reporting deliverables namely: Flash reporting, Executive Committee pack, Management accounts,
- Budgeting and supporting analysis
- Contribute significantly to the consolidation and presentation of budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Perform and present analysis on Group Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including Treasury KPIs
- Provision of support and analysis both in advance of and during the quarter end and year end external reporting processes
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly bond reports, Annual Reports and SEC filings
- Prepare accounting position papers
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with other Group Functions (National Finance, Tax, Treasury), as well as divisional and country finance teams to ensure that consolidated financial information is provided on a timely basis and to the highest possible standard
- Take ownership of additional ad hoc projects to support the Group Finance function
We are looking for someone with:
- A professional financial qualification (ACA, ACCA), with 1 - 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience in a Close Process within a multi-national Group Function preferable
- Exposure to a multi-currency consolidation
- Exposure to an annual Budgeting process
- Strong understanding of reporting systems is preferable (HFM & SAP).
- Good understanding of technical accounting issues
- Highly motivated with excellent initiative, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment manage workload efficiently and effectively and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Shows initiative, self-motivation and the ability to drive projects to completion
- Detail oriented, flexible with can do attitude.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.