On behalf of a market leading Financial Services company in the centre of Reading I am looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join their expanding finance team.
My client are within walking distance of the station and do not offer parking, they have incredibly modern offices with clear lines of progression and study support.
The successful applicant for this permanent role will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Assist in the preparation and development of business performance reporting and distribution to key contacts
- Assist in the preparation and development of monthly management accounts
- Maintenance, booking and upkeep of the fixed asset register
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Assisting and providing cover for the payroll process and the calculation of commissions
- Responsibility of the recording of VAT and local taxes accurately and on time and liaise with local accountants to ensure filing of local statutory account and local Corporation tax on time
- Intercompany postings and reconciliation
The ideal candidate for the Financial Accountant role will:
- Studying towards the early stages of ACCA or CIMA
Have worked within a finance role and had exposure to the majority of the above tasks
- Looking for a role where you can develop a long term career and progress within the business
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with various manager/stakeholders across the business
- Intermediate excel skills
On offer to the candidate is great benefits and the opportunity to learn.