Head of Financial Planning
The Head of Financial Planning is responsible for leading the financial planning function with a focus on long term planning, financial modelling and financial appraisals. They will also be expected to oversee the business partnering provision of the newly created Development Finance team.
Based outside High Wycombe, my client is a well established Housing Association within the Property and Housing Sector that has recently undergone a period of change following sustained and consistent growth over the last few years.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Financial Planning will be:
- To oversee the preparation of the Group's business plan financial model, ensuring that it is reviewed to take into account the effects of new major developments.
- Ensure that the longer term financial forecasts are discussed with the leaders of key businesses and their finance support. That the forecasts are consistent with the policies and strategies of those business leaders, as well as the financial parameters set by the Board.
- Ensure that the Group's financial forecasts are reviewed to take into account sensitivities to the key variables affecting the Group's finances, such as interest rates, inflation and the effects of the development programme.
- Review and develop the Group's long term financial plan (30 Year plan)
- Provide a review of the commitment of the Group's resources to subsidise its development programme on a monthly basis and to monitor other limits, such as capital at risk, intra-group exposure, capital commitments and land bank.
- Maintain a standard system to be used for the appraisal of the Group's development schemes, in accordance with the development assumptions approved by the Board.
The successful candidate for the Head of Financial Planning will:
- Hold a CCAB qualification or Financial MBA.
- Have experience of financial appraisal and financial planning for a new business venture and/or major capital project including planning to improve profitability and customer service.
- In depth knowledge and practical application of business planning.
- Stong IT and Excel skills.
- Able to lead a team and manage internal relationships with non financial staff.
- Ability to understand external market factors and translate into strategy and implement.
My client is offering £70,000 - £75,000 with a substantial benefits package.