Finance Manager - Revenue
We are delighted to have been instructed on a new opportunity for a Finance Manager, working for a Prestigious listed Financial Services organisation based in Northwich, Cheshire. Taking responsibility over the revenue reconciliation team (2 members of staff), including coaching and mentoring them through professional accounting qualifications, more specific duties within the role include the following:–
- Responsibility for understanding and accurately recording various revenue streams across the core platforms and back office system
- Collation and review of month end revenue journals from core platforms and back office into the general ledger across multiple legal entities
- Understand the revenue results in line with run rate, budget and forecast, along with providing commentary / explanations to the wider finance team throughout the month and at month end
- Production of various MI including for Joint Ventures and Adviser Balanced Business Scorecards
- Responsibility for accuracy of data, process efficiencies and maintenance of a robust control framework within the Revenue Reconciliations Team
- Various project work, including representation within working party groups, defining requirements and testing against those requirements, followed by successful implementation of those changes within the team
- Work closely with FP&A to support the Advisers ensuring their income is correctly allocated, reported and understood
- Working closely with other areas of the business to ensure upstream processes don't negatively impact the data we receive or our ability to record revenue accurately
- Assisting with any future acquisition and / or disposals to ensure revenue is accurately recognised and can be reported appropriately
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
This is a challenging and varied role, where they are searching for an ambitious Newly Qualified (or equivalent) Accountant ideally from a Financial Services (or other regulated industry) background; who is keen to progress and develop their skills especially in relation to staff management and coaching.
In return you will be offered a competitive package of up to GBP45k (depending on experience) and benefits package including fantastic pension scheme, life assurance and 25 days holiday.