Head of Finance - Regional Securities Firm
1) JOB PURPOSE: (A short statement of the key function of the job)
- Direct and oversee the Finance function (financial strategy, planning and forecasts, accounting, financial reporting and analysis) of The company Vietnam and spearhead all major financial initiatives to achieve the strategic objectives of the Investment Banking business.
- Provide financial leadership and support on Finance-related matters to the Senior Management, Board of Directors and country Finance Heads.
2) PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Key Areas of responsibilities or accountabilities of the jobs)
- Advise and support senior management and all business pillars on strategic and tactical finance-related matters including budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting capital needs and securing of funding
- Develop and oversee execution of finance-related strategies in order to support the business
- Monitor and report on financial position and health of the business to senior management and Board of Directors
- Provide financial advice and be involved in new businesses and initiatives which the organization undertakes
- Spearhead finance transformation projects at the Group level, ensuring effective monitoring and tracking of initiatives and seeing projects through to completion
Ensure that the finance function is effective and efficient, and with proper compliance to regulatory requirements
- Ensure adoption of policies and procedures that are effective and efficient, and in line with the relevant regulatory requirements in each jurisdiction, ensuring that the proper monitoring and controls are in place. Such policies and procedures include but are not limited to those concerning accounting, controls, process improvement, budgeting and planning, financial analysis, project management, tax planning and management, reporting (management reporting and statutory reporting)
- Champion development of technology and infrastructure to enable finance-related functions and reporting
- Facilitate collaboration across countries for sharing of best practices and knowledge
- Champion development of programmes and policies to facilitate business integration and teamwork across countries and teams
Contribute to developing the organization, as a member of the senior management team
- Perform any other tasks or duties as required from time-to-time
3) QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Level of Education: Bachelor Degree or Professional Qualification. Post Graduate Degree is an added advantage.
- A relevant professional qualification such as ACCA or equivalent.
- Years of Experience: 12 years working experience in related fields with minimum 7 years in a senior managerial position.
- Discipline/Related Field: Banking, Finance, Accountancy, Economics and Business Administration
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Relationship building/ networking
- Driving change and performance
- Leveraging talent
- Customer centricity
4) SCORECARD DIMENSIONS:
- Combined ROE
- Cost-to-Income Ratio
- Cost control
- Synergy realisation
- Quick Wins implemented under Finance workstream
Learning & Growth
- Regrettable loss %
- Realisation rate of MCP successors for vacant MCPs
- Ready now succession cover ratio
5) WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- CEO Investment Banking Group
- Board Members
- EXCO Members
- Senior Management of Group, especially Group CFO
- Country CEOs and country CFOs
- Country and Regional support function heads
- Regulatory authorities
- Key service providers (e.g. external auditors, bankers)
6) MAJOR CHALLENGES
- Ensuring Finance & Operations activities in all countries are in line with business objectives of the organisation.
- Ensuring availability of capital and funding for business activities.
- Ensuring balance between cost efficiency for the organization, corporate governance and business targets.
- Implementation of regional operating model for the Finance & Operations function.
- Keeping abreast with and in-line with different and evolving in guidelines and requirements from authorities in different countries, especially Group Financial Reporting Requirement.