Senior Fund Accountant
- Assists with the preparation and review of fund financial statements and accounting statements on behalf of clients. Is beginning to work with auditors and clients to ensure financial statements are accurately produced and verified on a timely basis
- Supports and processes more complex accounting statements on behalf of BNY Mellon clients
- Drafts financial statements or parts of accounting statements and reports and ensure supporting files are accurate and complete.Reviews work of more junior colleagues. Provides and requests data and information needed to complete the fund reports. Conducts second-level quality reviews to ensure reports do not have straightforward errors. Investigates errors and reaches out to appropriate team members to obtain needed information.
- Assists in preparing timetables and collaborating with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Maintains records relating to assigned entities of a complex nature in accordance with department policies and procedures and the applicable Corporate and any applicable regulatory standards. Assists in developing processes to improve record management to maintain information and data needed for reports, improving team efficiency. No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 0-3 years of total work experience preferred, experience in accounting preferred including sound double entry and knowledge of accounting standards, high level of attention to detail, deadline driven with good communication skills.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more information, and to apply , please visit our website via the button below.