A prestigious and growing building and construction company based in Potters Bar and currently looking for an established Credit Controller to join their team of 5 in Credit Control and 15 in the overall finance function. They want someone who is confident and dynamic, who can drive the atmosphere in the team but isn't afraid to get on the phone.
This company is growing rapidly and quickly becoming one of the leading companies in it's industry, with a good presence in the market and new offices opening up across the country frequently. They have a dynamic and friendly team and are looking for someone with a similar personality who will be confident in speaking to senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
Key responsibilities of the Credit Controller include:
- Chasing invoices via phone and email in a timely manner
- Reconciliation of accounts and cash allocation
- Prepare and provide ad hoc reports on the status of assigned accounts
- Dealing with disputes/query resolution
- Negotiate payment terms with customers
- Liaising with internal/external management
- Running weekly aged debt reports
- Setting credit limits with customers and carrying out financial checks on customers
The successful credit controller would:
- Be hardworking and have good attention to detail
- Be confident and friendly internally and when making calls
- Have a can-do attitude and be willing to learn
- Be confident with using Excel
- Have a few years experience in a Credit Control role
- Be able to commute to Potters Bar daily
This building and construction company will provide great job security and progression in this role, as the company is growing at an outstanding rate. Working hours are 8-5 and a generous benefits package includes 24 days holiday, a pension scheme and health care in a company which has many social events and team-building days, providing a family feel environment for all.