Analyst - Decision Automation
Description of business unit
Decision Science is a key function within Group Risk with responsibility for Decision Architecture, Decision and Capital Models and Reporting and Analytics for all BOIG credit products in jurisdiction of ROI and UK.
Decision Automation is a newly established function within Decision Science which aims to optimise automated credit decision-making through the effective deployment of existing and new decision tools and data sources and by leveraging existing Decision Science competencies in model-building, strategy management and analytics.
Purpose of the Role
The primary function of this role is to provide targeted analytical support to the Head of Decision Automation in the areas of strategy optimisation and decision tree analysis with the objective of identifying and executing strategies to enhance automation in credit decision-making.
- Provision of targeted analytics to support credit decision-making strategy optimisation across Retail and Non-Retail products for new and existing business;
- Production of supporting documentation including business cases, strategy specifications and process maps, underpinned by targeted analytics.
What is the opportunity?
This is a great opportunity to join the newly established Decision Automation Team which has an exciting mandate to optimise credit automation strategy across BOIG Retail and Commercial products in a rapidly evolving digital and data-driven environment.
The successful candidate will be a key member of this new function with primary responsibility for producing targeted analytics in support of strategy optimisation and will also engage closely with other Decision Teams, including Decision Models, Decision Architecture, IRB & IFRS9 Modelling and Credit Risk Analytics, and other BOIG functions including Product and Credit Policy Management and Core Banking, to identify, develop and execute automated credit strategies.
Proficient in SAS, SAS Macros and SQL
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team to produce meaningful analytical outputs based on high level specifications;
- Comfortable working with data from a broad range of systems and sources;
- Minimum 1 years analytical experience in a risk management or complementary environment
- Champion Transformation: Self
- Amplify Capability: Self
- Manage Risk: Self
- One Group One Team: Self
- Customer Focused: Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: May 31, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.