Senior Financial Accountant
The Senior Financial Accountant role combines financial reporting and financial analysis, whilst also focusing on cost savings and process improvements. You will be accountable for managing the audit process and production of statutory accounts. You will be the main point of contact for liaison with external auditors and you will have two junior members of staff reporting into you.
The client is one of the largest property companies in the UK, managing an asset portfolio of over £3 billion. They promote excellent work-life balance, with 9-5 working hours and a sociable working environment. They have proven to have a successful progression structure, with individuals who started in this role now heading up the Financial Control and Finance Business Partner teams.
As Senior Financial Accountant your key responsibilities include:
- Managing the production of statutory accounts
- Engaging with the external auditors, being their main contact and ensuring the audit is delivered within a timetable acceptable to both parties
- Ownership of the Balance Sheet - Managing the balance sheet reporting at month end, business partnering with individuals within Financial Control and in the wider internal finance community to understand movements in the balance sheet and produce internal reporting
- Proactively engaging with the wider internal finance community to ensure completion of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing timely analysis of complex data to result in cost savings
- Leading annual planning, including comms (for Finance, ExCo, A&G Committee and Board)
- Reviewing analysis prepared by Financial and Statutory Accountants
- Business partnering the rest of Finance to support delivery of the month end, including Treasury and Accounts Payable
- Continuously improving processes and procedures
- Motivating and leading team members
- Ensuring the organisation's adherence to a framework of robust internal financial control whilst working with the wider organisation to suggest improvements where necessary
- Finance professional qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- Advanced understanding of financial management and financial accounting
- Understanding of the Working of legislative accounting procedures in financial organisations, and generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS)
- Good stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to present financial information to non-finance colleagues
- The ability to analyse and present complex data
- The ability to think critically to create and implement an effective internal control environment
- Confident approach, hardworking and committed
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising and delivering to agreed deadlines
- Enthusiasm and determination to succeed
On a personal level, individuals must operate with honesty and propriety. The integrity of financial reports depends on the accuracy and completeness of financial records.
This role offers the successful candidate a competitive salary package, teamed with a great working environment and excellent progression opportunities.
This is an ideal role to develop your leadership skills in a management position with wide and varied exposure
Senior Financial Accountant - Property and Housing - London