Head of Commercial Finance
The Head of Commercial Finance will play a key role in the future success of the business through delivering business insight and adding value to the financial performance.
Our client are a medium sized business with Private Equity backing. Their backers are renowned for investing in high growth UK businesses, and they are forecast to continue their consistently impressive growth trajectory over the coming years.
- Help to improve the financial performance of the business through leadership of the Commercial Finance function and delivery of business insight.
- Challenge performance of the sales teams and lead trading reviews to drive improvements
- Lead initiatives to improve the profitability of the business including the pricing project - setting targets for increases and ensuring delivery and implementation through others
- Understand revenue and margin performance at client, product and transactional level to provide clear recommendations, propose actions and drive decision making
- Co-ordinate and lead the business and financial planning process for revenue and gross profit for the budget and three-year plan
- Highlight underperforming activities and risks to delivery of business plans and support the teams to put a performance plan in place driving actions to mitigate them
- Overall ownership of business dashboard and KPI reporting
- Review the performance of suppliers and competitors to gain commercial insight
- Develop business intelligence tools to sharpen reporting and analysis and the pace at which it is delivered
- Set revenue and profit targets to cascade to the sales team through the internal systems
- Manage and develop a team
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with 5+ years post qualification experience
- Strong business awareness and commercial acumen
- Highly numerate and analytical and capable of working accurately at speed
- Excellent interpersonal skills - confident, energetic and driven to exceed expectations
- Tenacious with a drive to deliver results
- Good soft skills and the ability to provide rounded opinions and influence business stakeholders
- Able to communicate financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders from the board down
- Can initiate improvement projects working across the business to deliver change
- Has outstanding organisational and time management skills work under pressure and manage priorities
- Analyse large volumes of data to reach solid key conclusions adding value through insightful detailed analysis and create actions that will deliver change
On offer is the opportunity to take a leadership role within a commercial finance function. Your role will play a significant part in the future growth and success of the business.