Lead Business Analyst
Lead Business Analyst job in Cardiff – Up to GBP50K + benefits – Excellent scope for career progression
A job opportunity has arisen for a Lead Business Analyst to join a dynamic and forward–thinking Fintech organisation that is based in Cardiff. The organisation is in a period of rapid expansion due to increased workload. The organisation is responsible for developing a bespoke software system that provide finance solutions to several blue–chip organisations.
The Lead Business Analyst will take responsibility for leading and managing a team of two Business Analysts, to help deliver the organisation's projects and BAU initiatives. You will manage and review all Business Analysis requests, allocating the work between team members to ensure successful delivery. You will liaise with a range of key stakeholders throughout the organisation, developing excellent relationships with the Delivery Manager and Project Managers to ensure change is delivered successfully.
The Lead Business Analyst will ensure that all BA artefacts are produced to the highest standards, setting objectives for the team and undertaking appraisals. Furthermore, you will maintain a capacity plan and support the Change Manager in planning activity. You will also take responsibility for setting and evolving Business Analysis working practices and standards, in addition to developing ways to improve the function and its adoption of Agile practices within the team.
You will facilitate workshops with business representatives to establish scope, requirements, business outcome and to model business processes. You will be responsible for defining and documenting the business process models (as is and to be) and producing written documentation to support all work.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record of having worked as a Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst / Lead Business Analyst
- Experience of either leading / managing / coaching other Business Analysts
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Knowledge of Business Analysis best practice
- Any experience of having worked in an Agile methodology would be an advantage
- Excellent writing skills to create business documentation, using a variety of techniques for requirements–elicitation
- Any experience of having worked in a FinTech / Financial Services / Technology organisation would be a distinct advantage
You should be a forward–thinking individual who is keen to embrace change as part of a fast–paced and dynamic organisation.
This position offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to work on several interesting projects plus a benefits package that includes:
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Death in service insurance (4 X annual salary)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme (up to 10%)
- Free on–site car parking
- Option to buy / sell additional annual leave
- Optional flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, insurance, breakdown cover, private medical and dental plans
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail, please apply with an updated CV. Hays also offer GBP500 worth of high street vouchers for all successful referrals.