Senior Project Accountant
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Project Accountant will provide financial and operational support across the groups insurance businesses.
- The role requires flexibility and provides a great opportunity to gain a wide knowledge of the business, involvement in the continued innovation of the business and build relationships with senior management personnel.
An award winning market leading FS FTSE 100 organisation in Cardiff.
The senior project accountant's role will include:
- Developing a good understanding of the activities of the business and a strong working relationship with managers across the entire business, in order to be able to provide financial, numerical and procedural analysis for a variety of departments
- Taking a leading role in developing business cases for IT / operational business change programmes
- Improve cost management across the business by developing processes/undertaking reviews to challenge the cost-effectiveness/ efficiency/ budget variances with department heads, and investigating expense queries as necessary
- Overseeing the detailed annual expense & income budgets/re-forecasts processes for elements of the UK insurance businesses
- Playing a leading role in projects across the business, with a view to maximising revenue/ profitability, and reporting the results in a concise manner to Finance Managers/ Senior Management team
- Development of complex spreadsheet models to aid with business decision-making and assessment of new products and partnerships
- Pro-active monitoring of performance vs. budget / re-forecasts and summarising variances for senior management through meetings with heads of departments across the business
- Providing general support and ad-hoc analysis as required by Finance Managers and Senior Management from across the business
- Coaching / developing the team of Project Accountants, and direct line management responsibility for 1-2 employees
Qualifications, Skills and Experience for the Senior Project Accountant include:
- Qualified accountant with a strong academic background with approx. 5 years or PQE experience and strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Commercial outlook is essential, and experience of preparing investment business cases and cost management processes would be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with and influence all types of people and all levels of management
- Self-motivator, pro-active in all aspects of the role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential, and proficiency in using other MS Word and PowerPoint
The full time role offers a competitive salary, shares in the business and a number of benefits and rewards for employees of the company.