This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join a Bristol based business on a permanent basis
Our client is a mulitnational SME with an office in Bristol (easily commutable from Bath)
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for;
- Prepare financial statements for companies at Group and subsidiary level.
- Liaise with auditors for the completion of audited financial statements.
- Undertake functional leader role for Group and subsidiary cash management and treasury functions.
- Prepare monthly cash management reports, forecasts for working capital requirements of subsidiaries.
- Assist remote site-based teams with completion of the cash reporting and submission of relevant management reports to Group.
- Lead the development and maintenance of efficient and effective cash management procedures and policies.
- Liaise with tax advisors and assist with the preparation of Group company tax returns, VAT and statutory compliance reporting.
- Assist with ERP systems projects in planning, design and implementation for responsible functional areas.
- Prepare documentation for process, procedures and user training relevant to your job duties and responsibilities.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller with financial planning, forecasting and analysis.
- Undertake reconciliations and SOX type compliance activities
- Identify, implement and drive value added activities throughout the organisation.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as allocated from time to time.
- Highly Regarded: experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP system (online preferred)
- Desirable: ERP Systems implementation and/or system design demonstrated experience
- Essential: demonstrable experience in preparing and completing audited financial statements.
- Preferred: relevant experience with a SME multinational and/or intercompany transactions in foreign currencies
- Studying towards CIMA/ACCA
- Essential: previous experience as an Assistant Accountant
A salary of up to £35,000 + study support towards a professional accountancy qualification is on offer to the successful candidate