LEVC (formerly known as The London Taxi Company)
A unique opportunity to be part of our exciting growth plans.
LEVC is the manufacturer of the iconic London Black Cab which is utilised in over 40 major cities worldwide. We have an exciting future ahead our parent company Zhejiang Geely Holding Group have invested £325m to manufacture a brand new range extended zero emission capable electric hybrid taxi which will be built in a brand new facility at Ansty Business Park, Coventry
Department – Finance
Reporting to – Finance Manager
Location – Brewery Rd, London, N7 NQH
Owing to the resignation of the incumbent, an exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join an SME that has begun a period of transformational change and growth based on new product introduction - the TX electric taxi which will be marketed both in the UK and Europe.
The Dealership Accountant leads the Finance Team within the busy London Dealership at the company’s premises in Islington. This is a senior technical role with staff supervision responsibilities. The Dealership Accountant is responsible for financial accounting, MI and sales administration and reports into the Head of Accounting with a dotted line into the Dealership General Manager, Retail. The Dealership Accountant will be a member of the Retail Operations senior management team and be expected to positively contribute to its profit delivery, growth and development objectives.
The Dealership Finance team comprises the Dealership Accountant, a Finance Assistant and two Sales Administrators. This team is expected to grow commensurate with the delivery of the forecast growth in sales volumes. The Dealership Team comprises Sales, Service & Parts departments together with Finance & Administration.
The successful candidate is likely to be professionally qualified and will have a thorough grasp of financial and management accounting and a good working knowledge of indirect taxation. He/she would come from a Motor Dealership background and be experienced in business-partnering senior management and providing high quality information on a real time basis. The Dealership Accountant will assist the Head of Accounting in adding value to the business by:
- Controlling costs & cash;
- Establishing industry ‘best practice’ financial controls within the Dealership;
- Helping Retail Operations to make the right decisions; and
- Ensuring that everybody in the Finance Team is operating effectively.
Because the Dealership Accountant will be involved in commercial issues requiring him/her to provide decision support to senior non-financial managers, strong technical competency must be complimented by sound business acumen and good judgement. The Dealership Accountant will be a key ‘Super User’ of Autoline v.8.35, and take key responsibilities for its development and optimisation. He/she will be expert in Excel and familiar with APAK. Some travel to Coventry & Manchester may be required from time to time.
- Production and interpretation of timely & relevant MI
- Building a strong system of financial control within the Retail Operations division, including budgetary control, reconciliation, authorisation, physical & cash-handling controls.
- Formalisation & recording (flowcharting) of process & procedure
- Chart of accounts maintenance & Kerridge system supervisor / Super User
- Integration between Epicor & Kerridge
- Financial accounting, month-end close & group reporting to Geely
- Preparation of budgets & forecasts
- Periodic stocktaking & maintenance of Used Vehicle Valuation Matrix
- Credit control
- Compliance (Financial Conduct Authority; Stocking Loan administration / audit)
- liaison with Geely internal & Mazars external audit
- IT systems development
- Liaison with company funding providers and insurance brokers
- Project work
- Staff supervision, coaching, mentoring & development
We reward our people with 25 days holiday p.a. plus UK statutory days, a healthcare cashplan scheme, a salary sacrifice pension scheme, access to a childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme. We develop our people through our own training academy and external sources.
For more information and to apply please visit our website via the button below.