Audit Senior - Financial Services
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our expanding audit team. This role represents an excellent opportunity for career growth and will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved in all aspects of the role. By joining our audit team you will have direct access to partners and your expertise will be valued.
Our audit team consists of country, regional and service line leaders with a wealth of experience. We have a client base covering a wide spectrum of funds, SPV and regulated entity structures, domiciles, legal, regulatory and accounting standards and investment strategies.
- preparation of accounts and financial statements;
- acting as a technical resource for financial services covering a range of accounting standards to include US GAAP, IFRS and Irish GAAP. This will include training and the production of internal and external technical information;
- assist in maintaining and developing key client relationships;
- audit of companies across a variety of business sectors;
- design and implementation of audit plans;
- ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe;
- manage a team of trainees while on assignment; and
- be responsible for development and mentoring of trainees and staff.
Skills and attributes:
- be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification);
- a minimum of 3 years' experience is required;
- have strong technical knowledge;
- have strong experience in financial services audit engagements;
- have experience in a top 20 practice;
- have worked with a diverse portfolio of clients;
- be capable of working on your own initiative;
- be ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and
- strong interpersonal skills are essential.
For more information check out www.grantthornton.ie/service/assurance/audit-and-assurance/
About Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton is Ireland’s fastest growing professional services firm. With over 1,000 people in 8 offices across Ireland and a presence in over 130 countries around the world, we bring you the local knowledge, national expertise and global presence to help you and your business succeed – wherever you’re located.
We deliver solutions to all business challenges. Clients choose us because the breadth of financial and business services they need is available, delivered innovatively and always to the highest standards. At Grant Thornton we are committed to long term relationships. We are different. We are Grant Thornton.
Operating from offices in Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Galway, Kildare, Limerick and Longford.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.