Finance and Operations Analyst (Luxembourg)
The D. E. Shaw group is seeking analysts to join its Finance and Operations team in Luxembourg. This team handles financial and regulatory reporting, tax compliance and reporting, trade and cash management, legal and compliance, front office support, and the administration of accounts payable for multiple legal entities established in Luxembourg. The role will provide exposure to the firm’s financial operations in Luxembourg and an understanding of its operations across the globe with respect to management of its hedge fund vehicles and management companies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
Analysts will work closely with the Finance and Operations team in managing the accounting function, invoice processing, and various administrative tasks, and will monitor the day-to-day activities of the D. E. Shaw group’s Luxembourg entities. Further responsibilities will include managing accounts payable, processing and paying invoices and ensuring their correct allocation and accounting, and managing budgets and fund flows.
Analysts will also coordinate with internal groups and external service providers to monitor various regulatory and tax filings and payments, prepare for and participate in board meetings and ensure compliance with all standard corporate governance procedures, and develop systems to improve the operational efficiency of the D. E. Shaw group’s Luxembourg platform. Analysts may also work on special projects such as conducting historical analyses, reengineering and implementing processes, testing and integrating various types of software, and fielding bespoke requests from various internal groups (including senior management and the front office). Analysts will have the opportunity to gain a macro view of the firm’s financial activities and learn about complex fund structures and transactions, and will enjoy substantial interaction with Legal and Compliance, Management Reporting, Trade Accounting, Tax, Treasury, the front office, and our software development teams.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Analysts will have zero to two years of experience in public accounting or in an accounting/reporting/accounts payable function at a hedge fund, investment manager, or other financial services firm.
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance is a prerequisite, and a master’s degree is preferable.
• Applicants should be proactive, detail-oriented, and organized individuals with an aptitude for accounting and a facility with numbers.
• Creative thinkers who are willing and eager to take on new tasks as the Luxembourg platform continues to evolve will excel in this role.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an analytical approach to problem solving, and a rigorous work ethic are essential, as the position will require routine communication with personnel at all levels of seniority within the firm and with external counterparties in multiple jurisdictions.
• Spanish and/or French language proficiency is beneficial, but not necessary.
Interested students should apply directly through our website at:
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant, employee, or former employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or other category protected by law. All employment-related decisions are based solely on legitimate non-discriminatory business reasons.