Supervisor (Fund Accounting - Private Equity Funds)
Citco is a privately owned organisation providing specialised services to Private Equity and Real Estate firms, hedge funds, international financial institutions and high-net worth individuals. We are the leading administrator in the alternative funds space worldwide (with over US$900 billion of assets under administration) and one of the largest corporate fiduciary and administrative services companies.
We have over 75 years' experience in providing administration services to a diverse group of organisations, including those in the Real Assets and Private Equity sectors. Through our global network of 60 offices in 40 countries we assist clients with their administration and reporting requirements; we set-up and (co)manage holdings, administer corporate activities, and maintain the good legal standing of their companies.
About the Role:
Your role will encompass the administration of and any services pursuant to Administration Agreements in respect of a portfolio of Private Equity funds working closely with the Assistant Vice President and assisting with supervision of a small team of accountants.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Maintaining books and records and calculating fund Net Asset Values;
- Reviewing and/or preparing financial statements and associated reports, including performance metrics;
- Reviewing and/or calculating carried interest/performance/incentive fees;
- Reviewing and/or preparing calculations and investor allocations for capital calls, distributions and equalisations;
- Coordinating and/or processingpayments and other transactions;
- Supervising junior staff, reviewing and signing off on work performed;
- Acting as a primary day-to-day contact with clients and other fund participants;
- Work closely with the Investor Relations team to respond to investor queries and to disseminate capital activity and other investor notices;
- Monitor Senior/Fund Accountants' progression and identify areas for training and development;
- Assist Assistant Vice President to coordinate team to meet recurring and ad-hoc client deliverables, including year end process with respect to audit timelines, financial statement preparation, regulatory filings, tax services etc;
- Participating in projects that may be defined from time to time in connection with the continuing expansion and evolution of the business;
- Identifying and escalating any material issues effecting service delivery to the Assistant Vice President;
- Any other functions required as part of the business of the Company, and reporting to the Assistant Vice President.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or possess a professional accounting qualification (ie, CA, CPA or ACCA or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4- 5 years' experience in accounting for the financial services sector, particularly Private Equity, Asset Management or Fund Administration.
- Knowledge of IFRS and / or USGAAP
- Experienced in reviewing and preparing general ledger and financial statements.
- Established knowledge in relation to accounting and consolidations under IFRS.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written).
- Motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines.
- A team player who is able to manage individual responsibilities.
- Supervisory skills with experience in managing and/or leading staff for 2 years.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good client/ business relationship management
- Sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc).
- User experience with enterprise accounting system(s).
- Working knowledge of Investran highly desirable (or other Private Equity system e.g. E-Front)
- Experience in Limited Partnership accounting
- Private equity administration experience
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
For more information and to apply please visit our website via the apply button below.