Programmes Accountant @ Humanitarian INGO
Our partner is a leading humanitarian and development organisation. They are seeking an international programmes accountant to oversee and support the accounting, financial management and grant compliance of their programmes in Africa.
- Oversee financial processing, maintain the integrity of financial information, and ensure country finance staff are aware of and adhere to the financial and grant framework of the organisation.
- Review accounting processes and undertake risk assessments; make and implement process improvements; monitor these and mentor staff as appropriate.
- Review and process grant agreements, grant transfers and office cashflow requests for the region
- Maintain oversight of the programmes finances, and ensure expenditure remains in line with budgets.
- Provide support to programmes teams with budget and forecast preparation, and ensure donor financial reporting is accurate and delivered on time.
- Provide analysis and insight on financial performance
- Oversee and mentor country finance staff
- Experienced management accountant, with familiarity of budget preparation and monitoring, and grant compliance, management and reporting.
- Knowledge of developing internal controls and financial management systems, and risk management experience.
- Strong business partner experience, working with multiple stakeholders in the UK and overseas, and able to deal with them with tact.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to pick things up quickly.
- Willing to travel to the Middle East & North Africa as required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.