Audit Assistant Manager - Financial Services
Audit Assistant Manager – Financial Services
Reporting to: Director/Manager
Grant Thornton has experienced significant growth in recent years, and is regarded as the accountancy firm with the greatest organic growth in Ireland. Grant Thornton International has continued to achieve substantial growth annually, and is the 5th largest international accountancy network globally. In Ireland our Financial Services offering has grown considerably over the last number years. Our Financial Services audit division has experienced exceptional growth and specialises in providing auditing and assurance services to the following market sectors:
- Asset management - hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, investment managers, administrators, stockbrokers, special purpose vehicles and section 110 companies
- Insurance - general insurance, life insurance, reinsurance, captives and brokers
Arising from this growth we are seeking to strengthen our existing financial services audit team with assistant managers to meet the needs of current and future clients.
You will be self-motivated, capable of working on your own initiative and have the ability to assist with the management of audit engagements. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to development of your technical knowledge and that of your team
- Keep up to date with developments in financial services nationally and internationally
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop client relationships
- qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification) with strong experience in auditing and controls testing;
- experience in the financial services industry is required with a focus on one or more of the market sectors outlined;
- experienced at supervising teams;
- excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- strong technical knowledge;
- capable of working on your own initiative;
- ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice; and
- strong interpersonal skills are essential.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.