Team Administrator, Engagement Support Centre, Audit
The Engagement Support Centre (ESC) is a specialist 130+ strong team who sit within Deloitte's Audit and Assurance practice, supporting them with tasks that vary from project organisation, to finance system control and much needed e–administration. It's an incredibly interesting and challenging role that provides the opportunity to work directly with our client facing teams through the bid process and lifecycle of client projects. As a department we support clients ranging from large FTSE100 corporations to the private market industry. In addition to this the ESC also assists specialist internal teams within the Audit practice with compliance and strategic initiatives.
Your role will be to deliver efficient, reliable and cost–effective working practices in support of our Audit Delivery Centres (ADCs. We foster a culture of continuous improvement so we will rely on you to develop best practice initiatives that will firmly benefit your stakeholders and the customer. You will have the opportunity to become a subject matter specialist and advance both your technical and soft skills.
Due to the current and upcoming changes within the department, the requirements of the Team Administrator will develop as the ESC does. Overall the role involves supporting the management team with a range of administrative tasks through reporting, tracking, monitoring and communicating with the ESC and the Audit practice.
• Overtime tracking
• Compliance tracking
• Sickness reporting
• Preparing internal management information
• Monitoring internal mailboxes relating to our work streams and responding to requests for support
• Preparing presentations and other documents including branding, proof reading and formatting
• Building and maintaining effective relationships with Project Support Associates and the management team
• Organising meetings, drafting agendas and minute taking
• Supporting the recruitment, on boarding and induction of new starters
• Organising and coordinating team socials
• Managing the team SharePoint collaboration site
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full–time basis.
Your professional experience
• Organisation skills; ability to perform tasks, prioritise work and confidently manage conflicting demands
• Work effectively and proactively under pressure
• Highly adaptable to change
• Good communicator, ensuring tasks are clearly understood and taking personal responsibility in dealing with queries
• Positive and professional approach to all aspects of work
• Punctual, flexible and responsive to all tasks undertaken
• Strong team player, embracing collaborative working within own team and the wider firm
• Innovative but pragmatic approach to problem–solving
• Attention to detail and the personal motivation to perform to the highest standards
• The ability to build relationships with senior leadership
• The ability to use initiative, be proactive and work independently
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we're on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you're free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won't be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You'll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
For full job description please see our Career Site
Requisition code: 164733