Assistant Revenue Accountant
- Part time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a globally renowned Investment Bank as an Assistant Revenue Accountant. The Assistant Revenue Accountant will develop into a technical expert on revenue recognition. Excellent communication skills are essential as the successful candidate will have a high degree of interaction with the UK & Internartional finance teams.
A leading, global Investment Bank. This role is situated in the ideally located Central London offices.
Major Responsibilities/Activities of the Assistant Revenue Accountant:
- Timely and accurate processing and recording of invoices for EMEA and APAC regions in adherence to revenue recognition rules and Sox controls
- Posting of cash receipts and subsequent notifications to relevant people in the organisation
- Producing monthly Billable expense schedules for distribution to Business Unit heads
- Support with updating the WIP forecast reports (weekly), including attending team meetings
- Support with the cash flow forecasts (fortnightly)
- Support with the preparation of the monthly Management Packs (various entities)
- Support with transition from current to new ERP platform
- Support with annual auditor queries and requests (Internal and External Audit)
- Involvement in Project work and process improvements
- Any other ad hoc duties which are reasonable to support the Revenue Accountant
Education and Experience (Include special skills and licenses or certifications required)
- Strong educational background. Preferably degree educated with a 2:1 qualification.
- Studying or looking to study a professional accountancy qualification. (CIMA or ACCA)
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Assistant Revenue Accountant
- Previous experience or a firm understanding of the above duties
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage workload independently and with strong attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills to all levels both upwards and downwards within the organisation (across geographies)
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organisation
- Knowledge of revenue recognition standards is advantageous (IFRS 15)
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel (VLOOKUP's, Pivot Tables, SUMIFs)
Looking to pay up to £35,000 with a comprehensive benefits package.