Leading retail business in the heart of Milton Keynes are on the lookout for a Financial Accountant to join one of there fastest growing divisions.
Our Client are a true market leader and a regular house hold name across the UK. They have created a number of new positions across the business in preparation for a large scale merger taking place later this year, so this represents an exciting opportunity to join the business during this time.
Financial Accountant Responsibilities:
- Assisting the preparation of the consolidated financial statements.
- Produce accurate and comprehensive financial reports to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Development and implementation of departmental and Senior Management reporting on a weekly/monthly basis
- Assist projects to improve the organisation when required.
- Monitor the balance sheets, ensuring that there is sufficient funding for projects and advice the organisation's stakeholders.
- Performing quarterly audit readiness reviews to streamline the annual audit process;
- Providing information to external auditors and tax advisors where necessary;
- Developing scalable processes and implementing robust controls;
- A significant cleansing exercise of the fixed asset register and disposal of assets that are no longer in use.
- Assist with the corporation tax returns, PAYE settlements and the preparation of P11d's when needed.
Financial Accountant Requirements:
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in a fast paced, high growth company
- Track record of communicating with senior stakeholders across the business
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong organisation, numeric and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
Whats on offer:
- A fun, fast paced, and demanding retail environment
- 25 days holiday
- Highly competitive salary
- Wider benefits package available