Assistant Accountant role based in Caerphilly working for a global Manufacturing organisation. Excellent opportunity to gain exposure to month end accounts and grow with a global firm.
The client I am working with are based in Caerphilly and have multiple sites globally. They have a multi-million turnover and are growing exponentially. They are recruiting in their finance department due to a strong business performance in Q1.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparing prepayments and accruals
-Sales Reconciliations on a weekly/daily basis
- Preparing the Intrastat monthly
- Preparing VAT Returns monthly for quarter reporting
- Aged analysis on debtors and creditors
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Additional month end tasks (Stock, inter-company reconciliations etc)
- Support the accountant providing routine and ad-hoc analysis as requested by site operations, Finance Business Partners, Division and Group Finance
- HFM reporting
- Supporting Group and Divisional reporting requirements
- Ensuring activities are completed on timely basis to meet reporting deadlines
- Identifying areas of improvement to facilitate a smarter close process
The successful candidate will ideally be someone from a manufacturing background and has a desire to continue studying ACCA/CIMA/ACA. Experience at an Accounts assistant or Finance Assistant level is essential. Being AAT Qualified would help your application. Someone who has hit a ceiling in their role and looking fro more exposure into management accounts is ideal.
On offer for the candidate is the potential to earn study support with the business. Excellent holidays and medical care. Exposure to working with like minded Finance professionals in this shared service centre. Competitive market salary offered with on site parking available.