We Are Hiring
Senior Accountant – General Finance 001 – FT Days – St Mary's Hospital – Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
Since its beginning in 1903, St. Mary's in Amsterdam, NY, part of Ascension, has provided compassionate care to the patients it serves giving special attention to the poor and vulnerable populations in the area including Amsterdam and the surrounding areas which sit at the feet of the majestic Adirondack Mountains. Patients, physicians and associates prefer us because of our reputation for excellence and service, and our commitment to safety and quality. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care, which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words. St. Mary's features an award–winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160–bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience. You will become a member of an inspired Model Community of engaged associates.
What You Will Do
As an Sr. Accountant with St. Mary's Hospital – NY, you will have the opportunity to perform planning, coordination and administration of general accounting activities.
- Prepares and maintains journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Responsible for daily cash management and cash reconciliation procedures
- May produce financial statements and budget–to–actual reports.
- Prepares, analyzes and maintains trend information.
- Prepares audit and/or tax work papers for assigned areas.
- Prepares annual budget work papers to calculate & summarize information; documents revisions as required; assists in preparation of the final budget document
- Applies appropriate principles in accounting for hospital property, plant & equipment. Reviews fixed assets for approp. classification, prepares annual plant ledger, including schedules for asset additions/deletions & reconciliation to the GL
- Prepares corporate tax filings for hospital & affiliates e.g. federal Forms 990 & 990T & NYS CT–13 OR completes MSE's month–end financial statement duties, including journal entries by 4th business day; prepares MSE's annual budget work papers
- Prepares various financial reports for submission to external agencies, including the monthly bad debt/charity care pool reports, NYS DOH budgeted capital report, and other reports as assigned
What You Will Need
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Level Degree and 1 year of accounting experience
Equal Employment OpportunitySt. Mary's Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
E–Verify StatementSt. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E–Verify link below for more information.