EC Audit Consultant (German speaker) @ Development assurance specialist
Our partner is looking for a German/English speaking consultant with audit experience (including within the EU institutions) for desk based work at an EU Directorate General in Brussels office, for a period from December 2018 until December 2019 or May until December 2019.
The auditor must have:
- A minimum senior auditor level for work on the national system audits/EC audits/ECA audits with excellent skills in analysing and drafting in English and German
- Good knowledge of auditing standards
- Good knowledge of the regulatory framework related to the European Regional Development Fund and Cohesion Fund (i.e. management and control systems, eligibility rules).
The specific tasks to be performed are:
EC audit missions:
- Participation in system and compliance audit missions at national programme authorities in Germany and Austria (audit authority, managing authority, certifying authority, intermediate bodies). This includes all stages of the audit from planning, execution to reporting.
- To follow up on EC missions and analyse the Member State's reply to EC's audit report. An assessment of the Member State's reply to the draft audit report from EC missions has to be prepared and subsequently a position letter has to be drafted.
Desk audit work - Assistance with the analysis of the "assurance package":
- Assistance on the legality and regularity and acceptance of accounts process and on the assessment of national systems audit reports.
- This includes the review of the assurance package submitted by national authorities of selected programmes. The review is to be evidenced in specific checklists and the conclusions to be reflected in letters to the national authorities.
- The assistance further includes the validation of the national audit authority’s sampling selection, based on the Commission’s guidance on sampling.
The reporting languages are English and German.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.