Senior Consultant, Internal Audit - Brisbane
- Opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility early in your career
- Variety of work and career development opportunities
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiaitves
Shape the World
We are looking for a Senior Consultant within the Advisory, Internal Audit team in our Brisbane office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- You can expect to work with top tier clients, analysing compliance, financial, operational and strategic risks
- You will assess the client's governance, frameworks, processes and controls to identify opportunities to mitigate risk as well as improve process efficiency, effectiveness and business performance.
- You will plan, supervise and perform fieldwork, liaise directly with clients and prepare and present reports.
- You will be responsible for working on multiple client engagements and across diverse teams.
- Experience in internal audit and other risk advisory engagements including a variety of compliance and performance improvement focused reviews.
- Collating observations, preparing and reviewing work papers, determining and negotiating recommendations for improvement and reporting to key client stakeholders, including senior management
- You will work with the team and client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and an internal audit approach that complies with professional standards. You will help clients to understand and manage risk and validate the effectiveness of the underlying control environment.
- You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial, operational and strategic risks across a variety of industries, along with experience in developing internal audit plans, engagement scopes and performing internal controls testing.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, developing and coaching junior staff, delegating to others, providing support, communicating effectively and updating senior team members on progress.
- A minimum of 3 years + experience ideally working for a blue chip, government or professional services organisation as an Internal Auditor.
- Demonstrated experience in Internal Audit including both compliance and performance improvement focused reviews.
- Exceptional time management, communication and report writing skills.
Our Advisory service line focuses on helping clients to improve their performance and manage their risks more effectively. From an improved finance function, enhanced supply chain, or superior customer experience, EY teams are able to offer added value and turn our client's strategy into reality! This is why Advisory is the fastest-growing service line and an energetic, fast-paced environment. Learn more about Advisory here .
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $80,000 including 9.5% superannuation .
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.