Manager or FP & A / Finance Manager
Manager or FP & A / Finance Manager
Finance – Finance
At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values – Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself – serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it's conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real–time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
PagerDuty is building out its global accounting function and is looking to hire an experienced professional in the role of Finance Manager and you'll report to the Director of Finance. You will play a significant role in PD's budgeting, forecasting, reporting and business/decision support by providing insight and acting as a key business partner to company leadership and member of our growing Finance function also, in our financial planning and analysis ("FP&A"), management reporting, development of metrics and dashboards and performance management for various departments'. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to the management of the varied department's budgets/actuals and variance analysis, or for enabling informed decisions and effectively communicating important financial information.
The focus will be on the implementation and improvement of financial tools, systems, business modeling and financial planning processes that will effectively scale with the Company's growth. You'll also collaborate with members of the team to further develop a finance organization that has a comprehensive understanding of key business drivers and delivering financial plans and analysis that lead to effective and insightful decision–making.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Serve as a key partner and contributor to the development and analysis of budgets and forecastsResponsible for financial planning and operations on an annual, quarterly and monthly cadence, both formally and informally
- Ensure the efficient day to day operation of Finance through the management and execution of internal and external financial reports, forecasts, budgets, mid and long–range plans, etc.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and budgets that link to key corporate objectives, ensuring that all budgets and forecasts are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time
- Implementation of and enhancements to financial planning tools and technology in partnership with our systems team
- Provide critical input to the Finance leadership and other members of senior management regarding the financial performance of the Company, including recommendations for action and collaboratively develop operating policies and procedures to enable the attainment of corporate and business objectives
- Contribute to the evolution and execution of financial updates for various internal and external stakeholders, including CEO, executive leaders, and the Company's Board of Directors
- Prepare executive presentations, including financial results and comprehensive business analysis and recommendations for senior management and the Board
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop, measure and monitor our key business metrics and connecting those metrics to our financial management processes
- An MBA and/or CFA
- Anaplan model building experience
- Familiarity with Netsuite
- Outstanding in financial planning, financial & economic modeling and analysis, and capital planning
- Well–rounded leadership/management, financial reporting, financial planning, project financial analysis background, and planning in public companies
- Experience building strong relationships with the executive management team/leaders within the companyExperience leading, motivating and mentoring/growing teamsPrevious experience implementing and using an enterprise–wide planning tool
- A degree in Finance/Accounting
- 5+ years of dynamic growth in a financial management role in high growth companies or previous Software/SaaS industry experience
Are you passionate about Joining a creative company where you are pushed beyond your comfort–zone both professionally and personally? Then apply now.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K, pre–tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time – 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days
Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email (see application details) and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PagerDuty uses the E–Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.