Divisional Manager - Fund Accounting (Limerick)
Why choose a career in Fund Accounting with Northern?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Fund Accounting team has grown exponentially and we now have over 250 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
- Our Fund Accounting team provides an end to end Fund Accounting service onsite in Ireland which complements other client services provided in Ireland, such as Custodian, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services
- We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated Fund Accounting training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Fund Accounting and Northern Trust Ireland
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Divisional Manager within Fund Accounting. This permanent role will be an integral part of the Irish Senior Management team. Reporting directly to the Head of Fund Accounting, this is an excellent opportunity to progress in your career.
- Leads an accounting operations unit or function within the fund accounting business
- Manages the workforce planning and staffing needs for the unit
- Conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the unit
- Participates in developing the business unit strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the unit. Follows through to ensure objectives are met
- Contributes to the development of the department’s budget and manages the expenses for own division
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication
- Guides partners ensuring department objectives are met
- Analyses records of client accounting reports identifying potential gaps in control procedures, duplication of operations, or lack of compliance with established bank policies and industry regulations
- Monitors the production of fund accounting deliverables, audits and progress of plans in the division
- Cultivates and maintains working relationships with relationship managers to ensure client account activities are meeting client needs
- Participates in client meetings to explain the banks products or services. Consults on effective ways to meet client needs or appropriate methods to be used for the resolution of errors
- Guides subordinates in the resolution of non-routine client reporting/accounting issues
- Responsible and accountable for timeliness and quality of NAV deliverables within own division
- Several years’ experience in a managerial role at a senior level
- Financial services or accounting experience preferred
- Proven track record of motivating and developing teams
- Good client relationship experience
- Strong risk ethos
- Participate in the continuous development and enhancement of work flows and procedures to reflect the changing control environment
- Ability to interact effectively with the most senior leaders in the business
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.