Analyst, Non Retail Model Development
Description of Business Unit
Non Retail Model Development (NRMD) is part of the IRB Modelling Team in Decision Science, Group Risk. This model development team is responsible for ensuring the technical excellence and regulatory compliance of all non-retail credit risk models within the bank. It achieves this through timely, complete and accurate reporting of non-retail model performance MI, periodic developments of new models and maintenance of existing models
Purpose of the Role
This team currently has a vacancy for a model analyst. The successful candidate will take a supporting role in model development analytics, partake in the annual model calibration exercise, produce and present model monitoring reports, address ad hoc analytical requests as they arise and interact with multiple internal stakeholders.
As a model analyst within Decision Science a typical day may include;
- Extracting and manipulating data from multiple sources
- Developing, producing and improving performance monitoring reports for all credit risk measurement models.
- Providing expert analysis of both models and data, through data analysis tools and business acumen.
- Contributing to model development projects and on-going maintenance of existing models.
- Utilising analytical abilities to identify new opportunities for our customers through data exploration.
- Researching best practice risk measurement both in industry and academia.
- Ensuring that all work is done in compliance with the Regulator's requirements.
Third Level qualification in mathematics, statistics, finance, economic or another discipline including a significant numerical element.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver and achieve results within demanding timescales.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office package, at least one programming language and experience of, or willingness to learn, SAS and Tableau.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in statistical modelling is a distinctive advantage.
- Previous experience in financial analysis is a distinctive advantage.
- The ability to translate business issues into the appropriate analysis and then communicate the results of that analysis back to the business.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: May 01, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.