Grants Accountant, Poverty Alleviation INGO
- Full time
Our partner is a well-known humanitarian and development INGO, working around the world on poverty alleviation and empowerment projects. They are seeking an experienced accountant to support a portfolio of countries and partners in every aspect of grant finance, compliance and reporting. This role will offer a good balance of technical skills, understanding of complex grants and systems, and extensive business partnering, largely with internal stakeholders in the UK and overseas.
- Prepare budgets for inclusion on grant and investment bids, ensuring these are developed on a full cost recovery basis.
- Work alongside the UK and country programmes team to translate work plans into costings, verify budget information, and complete and refine grant budgets.
- Review month-end processes ensuring these meet donor requirements, and produce and review monthly reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and refine budgeting tools and templates, and monitor budgets.
- Review contractual documents and ensure that country offices and partners are grant compliant
- Undertake analysis of project costs as required.
- Capacity building – responding and resolving queries, and offering support and mentoring staff in the country offices as required.
- Part-qualified or qualified accountant with experience working in an organisation with complex systems and processes.
- Experience in budget proposal development (full cost recovery), and grant compliance, management and monitoring of institutional funds (EU, ECHO, DfID and USAID) within an INGO context is essential.
- Strong business partnering skills, and experience working successfully to bridge the gap between programmes and finance.
- Good systems and IT skills
- Culturally sensitive.
Closing date for applications: 8 January
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Apply for Grants Accountant, Poverty Alleviation INGO
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly