Commercial Finance Business Partner
The role will provide the management team with value added analytical content to support strategic and operational decisions. It will support divisional finance processes and to provide stewardship by ensuring a rigorous control environment across multiple sites.
My client is a FTSE250 listed organisation who have been operating in the defence, aerospace & technology industry for a number of years & are a major player in their field. They are a global operator and have ambitious plans for the coming years.
- Support the Divisional Management Team with insightful information to facilitate business decisions. This will include operational, financial and marketing information.
- Using expert level Excel database analysis skills, interrogate data from multiple sources to enable visibility of profitability at product, customer, market and capability level across the division.
- Establish a process for reporting on NPV and IRR's for development and capex programmes including post investment reviews.
- Support scenario modelling for M&A activity and due diligence processes as required.
- Manage the KPI process, ensuring consistency of data across businesses and on-time, high quality data reporting.
- Run the budget process and complete budget analysis to aid business challenge.
- Using macros, run financial reporting processes for month end, forecast, budget and the strategic plan.
- Ensure Divisional oversight of local business controls to ensure compliance with group policies and with Gaap.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Educated to degree level.
- Qualified accountant. Preferably ACA big 4.
- Advanced excel capability to include analytical tools to extract data from non-Microsoft sources.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Business analytics, Microsoft Excel, database management. The candidate should be comfortable interrogating and correlating information from a wide range of sources including databases, text files and spreadsheets. They should be able to understand data held in JSON, XML and SQL information-structures and be able to generate queries and searches across these using appropriate technologies and interfaces.
- An audit background is preferable.
- Would suit someone with approximately two years post qualification experience in industry or fast learner looking to make their first move out of practice into industry.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with ability to influence across functions and levels and work in a collaborative style.
- Tenacious - able to get the job done whilst working multiple activities in parallel.
- Demonstrable analytical skills, able to use the output to guide the Divisional Board.
- Strong knowledge of auditing techniques and financial control principles.
- Highly organised, able to get into the detail whilst being capable of making judgements when faced with alternatives and conflicts.
- Commercially astute and have the mental agility to grasp complex situations quickly.
- You must have the drive and passion to invest yourself fully in the business to deliver to the required outputs, be a self-starter and able to work off your own initiative.
- Agility and flexibility to be able to manage changing priorities.
- Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organise people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Enjoys working hard; action orientated and full of energy for things you see as challenging.
A commercial role in an incredible business.
This role offers significant home working, when in the office this individual may be based from Greenford in West London, or hot desk in their offices in the West End.
If the role looks of interest please do get in touch for more information.