Management Accountant - Company Car
Great opportunity for a CIMA qualified accountant to step into a great managment accountant role
Following three years of accelerated growth the group is now a £600+ million turnover business, employing over 6,500 staff, with a fleet of more than 1000 vehicles. The group operates from over 60 depots across the UK and Ireland, serving more than 600 clients over its framework of chilled, ambient, contract packaging solutions and fresh and baked goods.
Part of the Group is the logistics company - market leader in UK chilled shared user logistics. This was and still is the foundation business within the Group - is market leader in UK chilled shared user logistics. It currently has a portfolio of around 120 food and drink clients many of which are household names.
Preparation (alongside the core Finance team) of the weekly and monthly accounts including in depth commentary and analysis on the performance as well as comparison to key KPIs
To prepare to a tight deadline a management accounting reporting pack for the Chilled business
To be responsible for the preparation of the yearly budget plan for Chilled
Refresh the financial forecast quarterly to highlight expected performance versus budget
Act as business partner the Chilled management team providing opinion, guidance and support where appropriate
To undertake cost centre analysis as required as part of the month end process or on an ad-hoc basis
To issue cost centre reports on a monthly basis or when required to cost centre managers
Ad-hoc projects as required
* Fully qualified Accountant with at least several years post qualification experience
* A background including logistics experience preferable
* Must have a higher level knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
* SAP or Cognos knowledge would be desirable though not essential as training will be provided
* Commercially and operationally astute
* Self-motivated and confident
* Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
5% profit related annual bonus