Audit Administrator (Financial systems)
Audit Administrator (Financial systems)
NHS Shared Business Services
Salary: GBP18,000 – 25,000pa DOE plus 25days Holiday, Pension, Life Assurance and 3% flexible benefits
You will be responsible for supporting the Senior Auditor with the delivery of project support, business development and practice management related administrative tasks.
The majority of your time will be focussed around data – creating and analysing spreadsheets, improving understanding with finance systems, and generating reports, therefore a high accuracy to detail is essential
The right candidate will be highly motivated and self–driven with a keen interest in finance systems – the ability to understand what information we need to get out of our systems and why.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a desire to continually develop and grow their career and take the next step working for a large organisation, with excellent opportunities for progression.
- Analysis of financial/contractual data before and after external audit and liaison with suppliers and relevant category lead
- Collating, checking and analysing spreadsheet data
- Checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable
- Preparing reports and commentaries
- Liaising with managerial staff and presenting findings and recommendations
- Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with
- The role may include travel and potential overnight stays working onsite with our suppliers
- You will be a talented, bright individual with a natural aptitude for finance, data, reporting and analysis
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with a fast paced environment in a large organisation
- Advanced Excel skills and high level of Word skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and present variance analysis
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- You will also be a very strong communicator, who actively seeks to build working relationships with peers, clients, colleagues and suppliers
- Self–motivation, determination and confidence
- Ability to divide your time between work and study
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent problem–solving skills
- A keen interest in financial systems
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
- Procurement knowledge desirable as the role will include interaction with procurement team as part of audit process
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around GBP100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS Shared Business Services is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. We're proud to be the only company which is part of the NHS family, with over 30% of the market using one or more of our products. Our mission is to deliver GBP1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020. We've already delivered audited savings of over GBP400 million to our NHS clients.
As an organisation one of our strategic objectives is to become a Great Place to Work, with a score of 70+. To ensure we achieve our aim we ensure our people are at the centre of our development.
NHS Shared Business Services is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and values all employees as individuals. All applicants and employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website.