Business Analyst $35.00/hr
Our client is seeking a Business Analyst. Only local candidates will be considered.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for interfacing with the business unit to review requirements, lead JAD sessions, schedule meetings, prepare test plans, and create System requirement documents for use by system analyst to produce detail design documents for specific projects.
For applications supported by DHS Office of Information Technology (OIT), the Business Analyst current focus/workload included but not limited to:
Creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between Business needs and Technology delivery in OIT
Developing business requirements and related business rules based on needs of various Divisions and supported Agencies
Working closely with the business users and Applications Leads in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of these applications as it relates to OIT
Identifying requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modelling, workflow analysis, and functional decomposition analysis.
Soliciting requirements through interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
Participate in daily stand–up meetings with both OIT and Business Partners to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of requirements
Meets with project team(s) regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
Provides single point of contact for assigned project
- Must have a Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related technical field
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Project/Sharepoint Workspace planning tool
- Must have excellent customer service skills with strong decision making capabilities
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to think on their feet and have strong problem solving skills
- Self–starter and willing to work on their own
- Must be self–driven, and have great attitude, and must be a team player