Lead Financial Analyst - Mergers & Acquisitions
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance – A Fortune 100 Company!
The Lead Financial Analyst combines comprehensive technical knowledge and analytical ability with strong interpersonal skills to support and manage sensitive, highly visible work in the Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions ('M&A') group. The Corporate M&A group is responsible for all acquisitions, mergers and divestitures of Liberty Mutual Insurance and supports both business units, Global Risk Solutions and Global Retail Markets. We seek a highly motivated, self–directed individual with strong quantitative skills and ability to work effectively with other groups across the organization.
- Prepares and analyzes complex financial and operational analyses for potential mergers, acquisitions and divestitures opportunities across the organization, including both US and international deals.
- Supports senior M&A team members on larger and more complex deals by managing significant M&A work streams. Leads assessment and analysis of smaller deals and M&A related special projects.
- Partners with senior leaders in M&A, business units, and other corporate functions, including Finance/ Accounting, Tax, Legal, Investments, and other relevant teams depending on the project scope.
- Support M&A team members (project dependent) across multiple projects by preparing critical and complex financial (including valuation modeling) and/or operational analyses for potential mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Conducts market research and analyzes financial and strategic merits of companies in the insurance industry.
- Prepares and assists in the presentation of executive briefings on strategic opportunities including strategic fit, valuation and deal structure.
- Manages projects and work streams of moderate complexity and scope. Assists in communicating project opportunities and constraints to senior management while monitoring project status. Drives the project management of transactions, including initial valuations, due diligence and data room management, senior management meetings and post–deal integration.
- Bachelor's degree (Finance or Accounting preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree, CFA Charter or progress towards a CFA Charter preferred.
- At least 5 years of financial related experience, including a minimum of 2 years experience in financial and valuation analysis.
- Corporate financial, investment banking, M&A or investment experience preferred.
- Expertise in Excel, S&P Global Market Intelligence, Bloomberg and other financial software.
- Must be a self–motivated strategic thinker who is able to work under pressure and act quickly with limited information provided.
- Strong financial modeling and PowerPoint skills.
- Demonstrated effective and clear presentation and strong communication skills.
- Experience initiating and leading projects, and ability to work with senior managers and key stakeholders.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well–being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.