Tax Trainee (Employment)
We currently have an opportunity for a graduate or postgraduate to join our tax team. You will assist other members of the tax team on tax-related work with a particular focus on employment tax. The tax team in Dublin looks after tax matters across all jurisdictions in which Primark operates (12 countries and growing).
- Working with the Employment Tax Team advising the business on aspects of employment taxation
- Helping manage our local tax vendors across all jurisdictions
- Identification and reviewing our international business traveller population and policy development
- Co-ordination of personal tax compliance for our growing international assignee and business traveller population
- Working with Global Mobility to establish processes around the co-ordination and management of our global shadow payrolls
- Assist Employment Tax Specialist with full range of employment tax compliance requirements
- Liaising with Corporate tax on our international Transfer Pricing arrangements and keeping updated of mobility changes to these arrangements
- Supporting Global Mobility on our employment tax obligations for new country entry
- Liaising with colleagues and tax authorities to ensure the tax and payroll returns are filed in line with statutory deadlines
- Support the wider tax team in tax audits
- Manage tax accounting and reporting issues for employment tax
- Build collaborative relationships with our internal payroll teams
- Ad hoc projects dealing with all tax heads, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes and tax reporting
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance (some taxation content would be an advantage)
- The candidate must desire a career in tax. Support will be given to obtain the AITI Chartered Tax Advisor qualification
- Strong academic results
- Excellent communication skills
- A proactive approach to work
- Attention to detail with strong financial and analytical skills
- Some relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions)
- Ability to work under pressure and capable of handling multiple priorities
- English is essential and other European languages would be an advantage
Why work with us?
There’s the competitive salary, of course. But our team in Dublin covers many different countries, giving you the opportunity to work with colleagues from all over the world. We give our people more responsibility, and the freedom and space to grow and do things their way. And we have a huge programme of structured learning and development to help with that, covering everything from mindfulness sessions to developing your presenting skills. What’s more, you’ll also be part of a busy, friendly work environment with a gym, café, canteen, choir, book club, running club and plenty of open space to think.
So if you have the right experience and want to take the next step, why not find out more by applying now
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.