Construction Credit Controller
This is an exciting new opportunity for a Construction Credit Controller to join a strong accountancy team in London.
As the company is growing an opportunity for someone to join as a sole credit controller has arose.
Page are proud to represent this growing construction company in London with a Construction Credit Controller position. the company are specialist in there field and have developed a large portfolio of key clients over the years. as they continue to grow they want someone to work with that has the same growth mindset as them.
The key responsibilities are:
- Prioritising the chasing of customer debts according to size, number of days overdue, risk profile, etc.
- Making a large number of phone calls (c.50/day) to customers to confirm/chase timely payment
- Facilitating the sales desk's activities by obtaining credit insurance cover from the credit insurance providers (currently Coface) for customers enjoying payment terms and/or by offering alternative methods of payments such as credit cards, cash upfront or letter of credit
- Recommending levels of credit exposure on specific customers based on financial analysis (the company currently has access to Creditsafe) to the company's Head of Finance or Finance Director for approval
- Monitoring customer queries (non-compliance reports) which may have an impact on the timely payment of customer's debt and ensuring that these are resolved swiftly and satisfactorily. Issuing credit notes once approved.
- Pursuing late payers according to a pre-agreed protocol (phone call, letter 1, letter 2, letter before action, report to credit agencies, statutory demand, appointment of debt collectors or of solicitors)
- Reporting to management team to ensure constant visibility over the company's credit exposure
- Multi-currency cash posting
- New account opening
The successful Construction credit controller will:
- Strong communication skills
- Work well under own supervision
- Able to prioritise
- Work well under pressure
- Have a strong understanding of a full collections process.
- Be able to work to very tight deadlines
- show an ability to maintain working relationships with key accounts
- Previous exposure in a sole credit control role is desirable but not needed
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and have access to a full benefits package.